The world is but a canvas to the imagination...
Henry David Thoreau

Monday, December 15, 2008

Brr! Baby It's Cold Outside!




Current conditions:

Snow Showers
Select temperature units:

Fahrenheit Celsius
Snow Showers-15 ° feels like
-15 ° -7 High

Wind Speed CALM 0 mph Today
Bitterly cold. Snow showers will become more widely scattered for the afternoon. High -7F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 40%.
What is up with this weather! All I can say is I am thankful I was not a pioneer! I don't mind this weather if I can stay in my nice warm house, but when we are doing carpools, getting gas and shopping it sure is cold. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the wind won't pick up. On a brighter note, as I am sitting here at my desk typing this, I am able to look outside and see how beautiful the yard looks. Last night, I was working on a story and saw something out of the corner of my eye. We have several deer in our neighborhood, they wander where ever they want. I've spotted a buck and two does. The buck was the one that caught my eye, he was standing in the moonlight on our front lawn looking magnificent and....very puzzled. I would not have thought deer have expressions, but this one looked befuddled. Shon put wire lawn ornaments out for Christmas. They are white deer that are lit up. The larger one is also animated, it moves it's head back and forth. The real deer couldn't figure it out and was just watching it move it's head. It was pretty funny to watch. Hope all of you stay warm!

4 comments:

Jem said...

Its even snowing here in St George! Its not really sticking though. I cant complain. I do miss a good snow cover...only for a fleeting moment, though, and then I am so thankful I live in the desert. Hope things are going well for you and Shon.

Amy said...

Where was your camera? That would have been a good shot of the deer! It seems to be freezing everywhere! I am curled up in a blanket and sipping hot chocolate as we speak. I have so much shopping to do still but I just don't want to go out in the cold! Yuck!

Lesli said...

I agree - it is wayyyy toooo coooolllddd outside! I have been cuddling up in the evening with a new book and a fire. Ahhhh warmth :)

Joan said...

Is that one od those pictures of a real snowflake? I saw them in a magazine and was so intrigued. I love it!